Friday, June 7, 2013

Favorite Things Friday.

(Not our countertop.)
*Reese's candy
I am so indebted to this candy right now! Reese's Pieces helped us potty train our daughter several years ago, and now (after a spectacular false start with Pez candy) mini Reese's peanut butter cups are helping us potty train our son! He's doing an amazing job!

*Hardwood floors
See above.

*Smoothies
In between grocery shopping trips, I ran out of our kids' usual baby carrots and sugar snap peas and was at a loss for a veggie. Luckily for me, it was hot out and we had plenty of spinach and frozen fruit! Zaza was a little turned off by the light green color from the spinach, but she quickly changed her mind when I had her taste it. The peaches, pineapple, bananas, and mango disguised any spinach taste, and they loved it! I'm already stocked up on more spinach and frozen fruit for the next hot spell.

*My guitar
15-ish years ago my dad bought a Yamaha acoustic guitar, and eventually bequeathed it to me because I was teaching myself to play. He lowered the bridge and filed down the frets to make it play easier, and I've had it ever since. It's had some bumps and chips, and I've had to glue both the nut and the strap button back on (at different times) but he's still going strong! Yes, my guitar is a he, and yes, he has a name. His case is even adorned with a "Hello, my name is" sticker.

*A 4-level house
If I start in the basement and go up to Zaza's room, I climb 3 flights of stairs. I may not be happy at the time (especially if I have to sprint because someone's screaming bloody murder, which almost always turns out to be a false alarm) but I'm grateful for the free exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment