Monday, September 20, 2010

Not Me Monday

So one of the blogs that I read regularly (MckMama) has this thing called "not me monday" where you confess your less-than-stellar moments of momhood/wifehood/life in general in a tongue-in-cheek tone. Up until a few weeks ago I only read them, I never participated. Well, I finally decided I would do one and was quite excited for that following monday...and she didn't post one. So when the next monday rolled around I was again excited to participate...and she not only didn't do one but revealed that she felt her little meme had run its course and was going to discontinue doing it. Needless to say I was pretty disappointed but didn't want a perfectly good draft to go to waste, so with full credit going to MckMama for her idea, here's my Not Me Monday post:
Mckmama- Not Me Monday





I did NOT make a bag of steak fries at 11:00 at night because I'd forgotten to eat dinner in the melee of getting a 2 year old and a 5 month old to bed. I did NOT then forget to put the leftover fries away and leave them on the table, and most certainly did NOT let my 2-year old find them the next morning and eat them for breakfast.

I also did NOT grab the camera and start taking pictures instead of stopping my toddler from drawing with crayons on the coffee table because I was most definitely NOT thinking "Grandma would love to see this" and "they're washable crayons anyway, a Clorox wipe will take that right off".
I did NOT buy a potty seat and "big girl" undies in preparation for potty-training our 2-year old, and most certainly did NOT then chicken out and leave the potty seat gathering dust in the bathroom.

When it came time to rush-clean the kitchen before company came over, I did NOT grab all the dirty dishes on the counter and stack them in the bottom of the dishwasher, because I was most definitely NOT thinking "I'll wash them after they leave". I also did NOT procrastinate getting my daughter up from her nap because I needed a little more me-time, because I could NOT hear her bumping around in her room and tossing toys down the stairs.

I did NOT giggle at my 2-year old when she crossed her arms and yelled "that's IT!" because I wouldn't give her another animal cracker.  When she later walked in to see her brother playing with one of her toys (I would NOT let him play with her stuff) I did NOT giggle again when she indignantly said "hey, what's going on here?"

I would never do all of that. Not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment