Friday, August 26, 2011

Five Things I love Friday

1. Coffee. Bogie and I did a juice fast this week and I've been without caffeine for 6 days (but who's counting?). I can't wait until tomorrow when I'm done exclusively juicing and can have some coffee! I'll go easy with some decaf because I have no desire to be jittery, but oh that taste! I miss it.

2. Cheesy sci-fi B movies. They crack me up, no lie. A guilty pleasure perhaps, but I can't help it. "Megashark vs. Giant Octopus" was hilarious. The acting was so heinous I was actually wincing during one conversation between 2 leads. Bad acting, cheesy effects, plot holes galore...it all adds up to some great entertainment. Prehistoric shark and octopus, both so huge that the shark can swallow submarines whole and the octopus can snap off an offshore oil rig like a doll's head. Oh, and the shark can leap out of the ocean so high that it can take out a plane flying high above the ocean. Come on, that's good stuff!

3. Books. While some are a chore to read through (coughcoughjamesjoycecoughcough) I adore books. I love the way they look, the smell, the feel of the pages in my hands. A good book sucks me in and makes me a part of its world, and I love that escape. I've always been a fast reader, and when I'm in the zone I can rip through a good book in a matter of hours and totally don't hear people when they're speaking to me. It's awesome.





4. HelloGiggles website. The brainchild of Zooey Deschanel, Sophia Rossi, and  Molly Mcaleer, this website is full of intelligent, funny, and amusing tidbits. Articles, videos, artwork, links, rants, raves...and all in good, clean fun! Go there!






5.  Magazines. I only subscribe to two, Real Simple and Martha Stewart Living (MSL was a promotional thingy, I got a year free for signing up for something...maybe it was a survey, I don't remember. Point being the magazine was free!) Real Simple just rocks my socks off, I love the organizing and cleaning tips they give. MSL is a little over-the-top, every time I see the cover I think "overachiever" but it was free and has just as many good organizing and cleaning tips, plus lots of decorating and food insights. Each day one of them comes in the mail is like a tiny Christmas morning at the mailbox!

No comments:

Post a Comment