Thursday, August 18, 2011

Prayer Request

I had problems getting to sleep last night, I'm so stressed out.

We have come to the end of our stay here at the in-laws. Don't worry, there haven't been any blow-ups or burned bridges or anything, we're just ready to be back in our own place, and they're ready to be empty-nesters again and be able to visit their grandchildren. They've been more than generous through this whole thing, and we'd like to not wear out our welcome!
With that being said, we can't move into a new place without proving to the new landlord that we can afford it. Nobody wants to rent to somebody on unemployment, even if they have a good renter's history. So I need to find a job. I've been looking. I can't find a job. and without a job, I stay on unemployment. On unemployment, landlords get very squeamish about letting you rent their places. If we can't find a place to rent, we can't move out. and we need to move out. I need my own house again.

It's quite the vicious cycle and it's very depressing to be on. If you wouldn't mind, please pray that I find a job soon, and that we find a good deal on a house/apartment that's big enough to suit our needs! We had previously found a place that we loved, it was huge and totally would have worked but has since been rented, so we're dealing with the emotions of that too. Adding bummed out to stressed out does not make for a good mix.
Not to mention I was maintaining a pretty high level of stress to begin with, so we've just peaked into supersonic stress, which is not a good place to be when you're caring for a preschooler and toddler 24/7. Pretty sure I'd qualify for tranquilizers right now.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go write some poetry and wish that I had chocolate in the house.

2 comments: