Friday, July 30, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

1. Birthdays. today is my mother-in-law's, and I love her. we had a cookout at their house to celebrate, it was great hanging out with family.

2. TCM (Turner Classic Movies). they do a "Summer under the Stars" month where all of August is a specific actor per day. Bogie and I have picked out one film per day that we'd like to watch for each actor, I'm excited for the month of August! We made a list and everything, of each day, which actor it is, and which movie we're going to watch. We get to start with Basil Rathbone and end with Clint Eastwood. I love old movies.

3. Sweatpants. I found a pair of capri sweatpants on clearance, and when I got them home and put them on they were SO comfortable that the next opportunity I got I went back and got 3 more pairs of them (in different colors, of course). If I'm going to be puked on all day, I jolly well deserve to be comfortable!

4. Checklists. There is nothing more satisfying than having a list of items to accomplish, and crossing them all off! Sometimes I even write down something I've already done that wasn't on the list just so that I can cross more things off. Or I think of quick things that I can accomplish and write them down so that I know my list will be at least half finished by the end of the day.

5. Organizing. I love being able to get organized, and finding things that will help me do that (like little plastic bins to hold odds & ends, and cupboards in which to put them!). I wanted to get organized before D was born (THAT didn't happen) so I'm slowly but surely getting there now and it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment