Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm so tired...

...I haven't slept a wink
I'm so tired
my mind is on the blink
I wonder should I get up
and fix myself a drink...

you'd say I'm puttin' you on
but it's no joke
it's doing me harm
you know I can't sleep
I can't stop my brain
you know it's three weeks
I'm going insane
you know I'd give you everything I've got
for a little piece of mind...



I'm pretty sure the Beatles wrote that with some unrequited Love in mind, but it works well for a teething baby too! Especially since it's been about 3 weeks of this nonsense. half hour naps during the day, waking every several hours at night, can't put him down for 5 minutes to eat, drink or even pee. It's all the inconvenience of a newborn without the constant sleeping or offers for help. awesome. This is the point in time where I wonder how the heck I thought I had it rough with just one. I long for those days. I love my kids but too long of a stretch without any kind of break makes for one grouchy mama. and that's no fun for anyone. unfortunately his bumpy little gums don't show any sign of anything white or sharp, so there's no end in sight. poor boy. I wish I could do something to make him feel better, even if it meant still losing sleep. I hate seing him like this; my cheerful, chill little Champ all stressed out and in pain.

*sigh*


...I'd give you everything I've got for a little piece of mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment