Monday, November 15, 2010

Jinkies

I am stressed out. Not in a "we pulled off the mask and the ghost zombie is the professor" kind of way, but the Thelma swear word seemed appropriate anyway.

My mother-in-law had surgery this morning. Took a LOT longer than they originally thought, like 4 extra hours. zoinks! (don't hate. I have a theme going here). Good news is she came through it just fine, everything went well and hopefully we can bring her home tomorrow to recover. Please continue to pray for her recovery!

We started potty-training today. In an effort to avoid an Eeyore mentality ("we can't all. and most of us don't.") I will state that some progress was made because by the end of the day she was telling me (as she was going in her pants) that she had to go. I will spare you the rest of the details, but suffice it to say I did a rather large load of laundry this afternoon while fervently wishing I had all hardwood floors. Kudos to my amazing Grandma, who reminded me not only to be patient but that all 6 of her children are potty-trained now. Haha. I love my family.

> totally off-topic, but can I just say that the Philadelphia Eagles are absolutely CRUSHING the Redskins right now? I mean, I'm an Eagles fan by marriage/geography, but they just scored another touchdown to make it 59 to 21 in the 3rd. FIFTY-NINE. in the THIRD. with 5 minutes and a whole other quarter to go still. say it with me...Jinkies!

back to the topic at hand: Not only is it stressful not having money to pay bills, but I'm even more stressed about it because my desk is totally unorganized and I'm not even sure where half of them are! *snaps fingers Mary Poppins style*
okay, somebody please explain to me why my desk didn't arrange itself while whistling me a cheerful tune!
maybe I have to sing to it. snap AND sing. just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down! is it sad that I actually did just snap my fingers at my desk, just in case? What I really want is a personal assistant for the day, to organize my desk, find all the papers I need to do something about, and then help pay my bills, make photocopies, mail letters and whatever else I need to do. or watch the kids while I did all that, but if that were the case I'd need a nanny instead of a PA. or a multi-tasking PA.
Today was almost a 2 cups of coffee day. By lunchtime I needed another cup, but then ZaZa went upstairs for quiet time and then the D-man followed suit and I got to take a nice long shower. in the middle of the afternoon! it was awesome.
If you think of it, keep me in your prayers too. I'm having a hard time getting into the potty-training mindset. Bogie's all "make a big deal whenever she gets on the potty! positive reinforcement" and I'm thinking "what for? she didn't even do anything on it!". I know he's right, I'm just having a hard time remembering that she's 2 and training your bladder isn't as easy as I think it is just because I can already do it.

I think it's time for a Scooby-Snack. and by that I mean a cup of chocolate milk. that's right. I like chocolate milk. deal with it. boy, spell check did NOT like zoinks, jinkies, or scooby. and on that note I will leave you with
"and I would have gotten away with it too, if if weren't for you meddling kids and your dog!"

No comments:

Post a Comment