Monday, November 22, 2010

Updates

The D-man had a checkup today, he's 20 lbs, 12 ozs, 30 & 3/4 inches long and he got a DPT shot today. (We didn't start shots until 6 months and then we only do one at a time so I can tell if he has a reaction and what he's reacting to, we did ZaZa the same way).

The shot combined with the imminent arrival of his top teeth is making my little charmer cranky. He drops a toy and starts SOBBING as if he just got hit in the head, it's rather heartbreaking. He is so close to sitting up on his own, and crawling! It's very exciting to watch, he gets up on his knees and elbows and rocks back and forth with his little hands clasped and a big grin on his face. His current mode of transportation is rolling, it's very effective until he gets stuck somewhere (and then he commences the aforementioned sobbing until someone comes to rescue him)
MIL is doing better! She's home, healing, and doing her level best to follow the doctor's orders. D and I spent most of the day with her today since she can't lift, climb stairs, or bend over to pick things up. He served as the cheerful, cute distraction while I did some dishes, got her mail, and we had lots of girly talk. We're going back over tomorrow to decorate the house for Thanksgiving since the in-laws are hosting, Bogie's cousin will be helping me and we'll raid MIL's stash of Autumn decor. good times.
speaking of the in-laws, this was the view from their front porch the other evening.

A safety-pin (thanks, Sooz!) pinned through the top of her zipper has kept ZaZa from being able to unzip her sleepers, so I have been able to catch up with the laundry and stop cleaning up puddles from the carpet. I'm going to have to get some more, because I only had two and Bogie misplaced one.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for Christmas, my whole family is coming here so not only do I get to host my very first Christmas but we don't have to travel!!! (Don't get me wrong, Bogie and I love road trips, just not with a "jack russel" of a 2 year old, and a teething 8 month old in tow.) and if those weren't enough reasons to be excited, it's CHRISTMAS! teehee. my favorite season, and the most wonderful time of the year. cue Burl Ives! I have to figure out where in the world I'm going to put the tree, last year it was sitting exactly where I'm sitting right now. We can't have that, I can't type witty updates with an evergreen all up in my business.
have a holly jolly christmas...okay, I'll stop now.
you have been updated!
in summation, my child is a giant, my mother-in-law is doing better, safety pins have stopped the peeing, and Christmas rocks my socks off.
Carla is out. Peace! (phineas & ferb, anyone? no? hey. where's perry?)

No comments:

Post a Comment